- No matter where I am or what I’m doing right now, there is cat hair on me somewhere.
- I would spend $9 on gas to drive to a sale that would save me $10.
- I gave up an $80,000 career editor job to write this blog. Ha. Ha-ha-ha. Ha-haha-haha-haha. <maniacal laugh>
- My middle name is “Integrity.” Well, no, actually it’s Coleen. (Yes, with one “L.” What can I say? My mom’s an Irish rebel.) Seriously, though. My 15 years in magazine publishing taught me that editorial integrity and reader trust are sacred. I would never, ever profile or promote anything on my blog that I don’t believe has real value to my readers. And if I should receive any kind of compensation—a free product sample from the company, or a small percentage of sales from what’s known in Bloggerland as an “affiliate link”—I will disclose that in my post.
- I sometimes drink milk out of the carton. Yes, I know it’s gross.
- The misuse of apostrophes on grocery store signs makes me want to cry. “Tomato’s 79 cents.” <sob>
- A year in Montreal at age 22 introduced this country girl to funky Quebecois fashion, poutine with real cheese curds, and, at the legendary Cleopatra Cafe on boulevard Saint-Laurent, an appreciation for transvestite make-up techniques.
- I believe in love. Go ahead, laugh at my naiveté. But in 2004 I married the love of my life: hereafter known as “Honey.”
- Sheepishly, I acknowledge the presence of certain ’80s soft rock tunes on my iPod. (You mean Trooper isn’t cool anymore?)
- Honey lovingly calls me “The Terrier” for my determination to succeed against all odds.
- I love gardening but hate getting dirt under my fingernails. How the heck does it keep getting inside my gloves?
- I am hopelessly unable to shut up my busy brain long enough to say the word “meditate” three times, much less achieve any kind of zen tranquillity.
- On YouTube, you can hear me calling out “Mommy!” in this rollercoaster video I shot of Honey and me riding the 50-year-old giant wooden Coaster at Vancouver’s PNE summer fair.
I would LOVE to hear your comments and suggestions for Scrimp or Splurge.Click this linkto send me a message now.
All the best,
* * * * *